AndroSensor started as a simple showcase of all the sensors your android device has, yet it has become the absolute all-in-one diagnostic tool that lets you know virtually everything about your device's status.
AndroSensor supports all the sensors an android device can have and it will tell you which of them is not supported by your hardware.
View in a single screen the data from all device's sensors in real time. Graphical and text output available for each sensor (graphs are not available for proximity, location and battery info):
- location, location provider, accuracy, altitude, speed and GPS NMEA data.
- Google maps to show the above info. Tapping on your location shows your address, postal code and location accuracy (if available)
- accelerometer readings, (incl. linear acceleration and gravity sensors)
- gyroscope readings,
- light sensor value,
- ambient magnetic field values,
- device orientation
- pressure sensor (barometer)
- relative humidity sensor
- proximity sensor readings
- temperature readings
- battery status, voltage, temperature and health
- sound level meter (decibel)
- If your device supports it, next to the sensor's name, you will see how much power the sensor consumes per hour in mA.
AndroSensor also allows you to record everything from your sensors into a CSV file.
*** If you like this app, please consider purchasing the donate key from Google Play Store or Opera Mobile store (formerly known as Handster). No extra functionalities, just no ads and a bit of support for me to continue producing better apps for android! ***
* Donate version via Handster is a key. It removes ads from all versions of AndroSensor (starting from v1.8.1) and you still get the updates via the Android Market! In case you factory reset your phone you may download it again anytime from your Handster account with no additional charge.
As of version 1.9 you may choose how you want values to be displayed, that is under real-time chart output or the good-old text layout. You may switch between graph and text output for each sensor by tapping on the sensor image on the left side. Images that can be tapped are distincted by an orange line on the left edge of the icon. Graphs are not available for Location and Proximity.
Enable from settings and press the record button to start capturing sensor values as they happen. When you press again the recording stops and exports the readings to CSV file on your SD Card. Only visible sensors are captured. Recording will NOT be interrupted if you leave the main screen or if you manually turn the screen off. As of version 1.9.2, there is no limit of CSV file length and AndroSensor can be pushed to the background while it is recording data.
Press MENU to toggle settings, see device info, system log file or a list of sensors that are unavailable for your device.
- Device info gathers as much as it can and prints it out in a simple and easy-to-read view. Mobile signal strength, wifi info, CPU architecture, available and total RAM, internal and external memory, display metrics, OpenGLES version and kernel version are a small part of the information displayed. Clicking on a line copies it's content to clipboard.
- Log view prints out the last ~100 lines of the device system log file, as in logcat. Saving or mailing the log will give you access to the full log file. To enable Logview you need to download the "AndroSensor Log Collector" addon.
- Androsensor never runs in background, so it does not consume battery while you don't use it.
- Supports Apps2SD.
- Enabled for Honeycomb, ICS and tablets.
- 19 Languages supported: English, Greek, Italian, Russian, Spanish, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, Romanian, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish, Turkish, Korean, Czech, Polish, Vietnamese, Ukrainian
* Please be encouraged to email me at fivasim (at) gmail.com if you wish to report a bug, suggest an improvement, request a translation to be added or if you just have a question about the app.
*Ads by AdMob
* Total RAM size shown might be lower than device specs since an amount of memory is bound by the android system (usually 96MB or so)
* GPS altitude does not take into consideration earth's abnormal shape so GPS altitude and google API altitude may differ by up to 50 meters (150 feet).
* Due to compatibility issues the Device Info screen is not available on android 1.6 (Donut).
* Some sensors need to be triggered by an event before they get activated. If light or proximity sensor are "Waiting for event..." , try throwing some extra light on your device to "wake up" the light sensor, and try moving your hand over your device (without touching it) to "wake up" the proximity sensor.
* If the app crashes after an update try uninstalling and reinstalling.
* Bugs will be fixed ASAP if you report them.
Note: All permissions required by androsensor are used only to show the info that can be retrieved by the Android system regarding your device. No kind of data is collected under any circumstances and no tampering of your device is attempted. Androsensor is a diagnostic tool and a showcase of your device's features and values... and nothing more. Here's a short explanation of the permissions required by Androsensor as shown on the Android Market:
- record audio ("android . permission . RECORD_AUDIO") : required for activation of the microphone to measure sound level.
- fine (GPS) location ("android . permission . ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION") : required for getting location to test the functionality of device's GPS.
- coarse (network-based) location ("android . permission . ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION") : required for getting location to test the functionality of device's network location values.
* No location data is collected (not even for the ads).
- full Internet access ("android . permission . INTERNET") : It is required for the ads, the network based location and for the google maps and the geocoder to work. Geocoder is the function that uses Google API to convert a location to a physical address. You may test this if you tap on your location on Androsensor's map. Also, Internet access is used to retrieve external IP by making a simple GET request to http://fivasim.pcriot.com/ip.php.
- read phone state and identity ("android . permission . READ_PHONE_STATE") : It is required by the "Device Info" view. Among others it retrieves phone IMEI code, serial number, SIM card status-health and SIM serial number. This permission also gives access to an incoming phone call information (only if the call is active, not call history) but this feature is not and will never be used by this app.
- modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents ("android . permission . WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE") : It is required by the "Snapshot" and "Save Log to SD" feature. Gives permission to write only on SD Card / External storage and not internal storage or apps in sdcard. Files are saved for your own later use. Delete possibility is not and will never be used by this app.
- view Wi-Fi state ("android . permission . ACCESS_WIFI_STATE") : It is required by the "Device Info" view for showing wifi information and signal strength.
- view network state ("android . permission . ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE") : It is required by the "Device Info" view for showing mobile network information like operator, antennas in range and mobile signal strength.
Your personal information (Optional)
- read sensitive log data ("android . permission . READ_LOGS") : It is required for viewing device logs. All the logview does is execute shell command "logcat -d" and print the output (or save/email it if the users chooses to do so). It exists only if you download the "AndroSensor Log Collector" addon.
Receive text messages (SMS) (Optional)
- Receive SMS ("android . permission . RECEIVE_SMS") : It is required for using sending commands to AndroSensor via SMS. This permission allows AndroSensor to intercept and read incoming SMS. It does not allow reading your old SMS messages. AndroSensor will ignore SMS messages that do not start with the word "AndroSensor" and will not store or tranmit your incoming messages. This permission exists only if you download the SMS Remote addon.
Prevent device from sleeping (Optional)
- Prevent device from sleeping ("android . permission . WAKE_LOCK") : It enables AndroSensor to acquire a WakeLock while the recording is active, ensuring that your device will never sleep while it is recording sensor data. The WakeLock is only used when AndroSensor is recording, not when it is active. On most devices, this addon is not necessary. This permission exists only if you download the "AndroSensor Keep Awake" addon.
- Andrea Brunetti ( email: b-andrea90 (at) hotmail.it ) and Christina for the Italian translation
- Andrey Moiseev for the Russian translation (Andrey's blog, Andrey's apps)
- Mikhail Sokolov for the Spanish translation
- Jean-Baptiste Lecomte for the French translation (Jean-Baptiste's blog)
- Bela Dora for the Hungarian translation
- Jorge Moojen for the Portuguese translation (Jorge's website)
- Vlad Vidican for the Romanian translation.
- Matei Miron for his help with the Romanian translation.
- Götz Ruhland for his help with the the German translation. (Götz's website)
- Mathias for the Dutch translation.
- Knutars for the Swedish translation.
- Emre for the Turkish translation.
- Gyoohwan Ko for the Korean translation.
- Petr for the Czech translation.
- Jacek for the Polish translation.
- Dong Hai Phuong Nguyen ( A.K.A. "Towardthesea", email: ph17dn (at) gmail.com ) for the Vietnamese translation.
- Andriy Bandura for the Ukrainian translation.
- Walt for his help with debugging.
- DRS David Soft - David Refoua for the awesome new icon!
- Everybody who has reported a bug or issue.
- Everybody who has rated or made a comment, regardless of how many stars.
AndroSensor has the ability to record sensor data and export it to a CSV file. This file is saved in your device's SD card (or external memory) in a folder named AndroSensor. When the recording is finished a popup notification appears to tell you the name of the CSV file. The format is "Sensor_record_<dateTime in ISO format>_AndroSensor.csv" (no brackets).
You may transfer the CSV file to your PC and open it with a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc. When you open the file you will be prompted on how you want the program to parse the file for best readability. Below is a screenshot on how to configure it. The screenshot is taken from OpenOffice Spreadsheet, but the same settings apply for Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice Calc.
v126.96.36.199 (Jan 23, 2015) :
- Awesome new icon thanks to David from DRS Soft.
- Fast recording: small visual and stability improvements.
- Real time graph for battery temperature and level.
- Fix annoying crash after stopping and restarting the recording quickly.
- Extended SMS commands (only if you have the addon)
- Fast recording: small visual and stability improvements.
- Orientation values correctly marked as Z(azimuth) X(pitch) Y(roll), instead of X Y Z.
- Calls to openweathermap are less frequent (once per 30 minutes. *only when enabled).
- Fix a bug which (very rarely) caused wrong units to be displayed in CSV recordings
- Maximum recording interval extended to 15 minutes
- Fix a couple translations and typos
v188.8.131.52 (Nov 25, 2014) :
- Calculate altitude and/or difference of altitude using barometer readings. ( more info and instructions )
- Fast recording. It is now possible to record CSV data at up to 200Hz. Note that this feature is UNSTABLE. Especially if your device lacks the power, you can expect freezes, crashes and random reboots. If you need recording at high rates, enable only the sensors that interest you and disable the rest to reduce the load on your device. You have been forewarned.
- Timing of CSV recording and update interval of sensor values are much more accurate, according to your settings
Also, a couple bugfixes and improvements:
- Multitouch test attempted fix for irrational number of touch events.
- Graphs are updating at the same rate.
- Ability to dismiss battery information from the CSV. Just disable battery in AndroSensor's settings -> Enabled Sensors. The battery info will still be visible in the UI.
- Select CSV separator between comma (",") and semicolon (";"). Default is semicolon as it has been since the beginning.
v184.108.40.206 (Sep 20, 2014) :
- Starting with this version, further development of AndroSensor will support android OS version higher than 4.0.
* Latest version of AndroSensor for devices running android 2.0 - 3.2 is 1.9.6.
* Latest version of AndroSensor for devices running android 1.0 - 1.6 is 220.127.116.11.
- Increase size of Graphs. Tap on a graph to make it full screen, tap again to reduce to original size
- Sensor recordings are zipped before sending. Max size is still 9MB, but zipped, so actual size limit is about 100 MB
- Auto retry sending email with saved data, in case there was an error. This happens evry time AndroSensor is started.
- Acceleration in world coordinates, Longitude - Latitude expressed with minutes-seconds, kPa atmospheric pressure unit
- Removed the CSV file format option, as "Rows" is useless and buggy. "Columns" is enforced - Updated link to donate key. It is now on Google Play Store
- GPS NMEA data are displayed in a better way on screen (with horizontal scrolling if the lines don't fit), and are correctly written in CSV (lines delimited with double colon "::").
- Fix a typo in the CSV header line.
- CSV includes GPS satellites: locked / in range.
- Charging / discharging rate of battery.
- Slow sensors (like Light, barometer etc) will have less values in graphs than faster sensors.
- Updated admob SDK
v1.9.6 (Nov 8, 2013) :
- Support for two new addons : "AndroSensor SMS Remote" and "AndroSensor Keep Awake"
- Add home screen shortcuts to Start/Stop recording.
- Start/Stop recording via Tasker tasks *
- Beta: Automatic send email of recorded file when recording stops
- Ukrainian translation thanks to Andriy Bandura.
- UI improvements, bugfixes and improvements
* Special thanks to Walt for his help.
v18.104.22.168 (Jul 21, 2013) :
- Added Vietnamese translation thanks to Dong Hai Phuong Nguyen.
- Another fix for the relative humidity (hopefully the last).
- Fix some rare force close issues in Settings and Mapview.
v22.214.171.124 (Jul 20, 2013) :
- Fix a relative humidity graph problem.
- Added hPa as default pressure unit (existing users must update settings manually)
- Fix a couple bugs with the CSV and a minor UI bug.
v126.96.36.199 (Jul 7, 2013) :
- Added two options in Settings: graph size and amount of values in graph
- Fix a bug which caused sound values not to be written in the CSV
v188.8.131.52 (Jun 17, 2013) :
- Fix barometer units not changing
- Fix temperature and distance units not changing immediately (sometimes it required restarting the app)
- Further improve GPS update speed
- Fix missing newline in recorded CSV file
- Added a precise clock, since time is the fourth dimension :)
(Existing users can enable the clock in "Settings" -> "Active sensors")
v184.108.40.206 (Jun 17, 2013) :
v1.9.5 (Jun 16, 2013) :
-Introducing the AndroSensor Quickbar for quick access to certain features. Swipe right to open the Quickbar, swipe left to hide it (available in "Main" and "Device Info" screens)
-Linear acceleration and gravity sensors implemented
-Better Italian translation (thanks to Andrea)
-Orientation sensor re-implemented, it always works
-Allows data recording via a foreground service.
-Ability to save setting to/from file.
-GPS update speed change from settings
-Can change number of decimal points
-Add new field DATE to sensor record
-GPS NMEA $GPGGA data
-Added unit degrees/sec for Gyroscope
-Added locked GPS sats
-More fixes and minor additions
v220.127.116.11a (Jul 3, 2012) :
- Fixed a force close that occured on some devices when pressing `record`. Apologies for the inconvenience, thanks for reporting.
v18.104.22.168 (Jun 29, 2012) :
- New sensor: Relative Humidity
- Added two extra precision digits for longitude and latitude
- Extended the available record interval values from 0.05 to 120 seconds
- Added GPS bearing in location
- Added a small graph button/indicator in the sensor fields that have graphs available. You may still use the big sensor icon in the left to turn graphs on/off
- Fixed UI flickering for certain ICS devices - lighter UI with same look
- Minor bugfixes and translation corrections.
v22.214.171.124 (Apr 20, 2012) :
- Added help buttons on the right side of each sensor field. Tapping on a help button shows a help text that explains each sensor. Help buttons may be hidden from settings. Texts are currently only available in English.
- Added Polish translation thanks to Jacek.
- Fixed a bug that caused data recording to stop in certain occassions.
- Changed record interval limits. Added -/+ buttons.
- Orientation fix for certain ICS custom ROMs.
v126.96.36.199 (Feb 26, 2012) :
- Added Swedish, Turkish, Korean and Czech translations thanks to Krister Knutars, Emre, Gyoohwan Ko and Petr respectively.
- Recording data has no software limit any more. You may record data for hours.
- Pressing back button while recording throws an alert instead of closing the app. If recording gets interrupted, data collected so far is saved and not lost.
- A couple more bugfixes.
v188.8.131.52 (Jan 14, 2012) :
- Various bugfixes. Thank you all for reporting any kind of issues.
v1.9.4 (Jan 6, 2012) :
- Added Dutch translation thanks to Mathias.
- Fixed compass when changing rotating device (the fix works in android 2.2 and higher).
- Sensor data recording writes down only the selected sensors as expected when changing active sensors from settings.
- Users that have the app before 1.9.2 must uninstall and reinstall. A popup appears to let you know, instead of FCing.
- A couple minor bugfixes.
v1.9.3 (Dec 22, 2011) :
- Better support for Android 4.0+ ICS
- The LogView has been removed from AndroSensor's default package, along with the much commented READ_LOGS permission. If you still want AndroSensor's Log collector search the market for "AndroSensor Log".
- Better compass accuracy for Gingerbread and above.
- Removed compatibility hacks for legacy devices running android 1.6.
v1.9.2 (Dec 4, 2011) :
- Fixed graph scaling and show actual values below graph.
- An AndroSensor directory is created in external storage to save files created by AndroSensor.
- Corrections for Romanian and German translations. Special thanks to Matei and Goetz respectively.
v1.9.1 (Nov 5, 2011) :
- Added Chinese translation thanks to the Ndoo team. Also corrected a few minor translation errors in italian.
- Extra debug output in system logs.
- New Admob SDK.
v1.9 (Oct 24, 2011) :
- Finally added graphs (beta). Just press the sensor icon to switch from text to graph view. Graphs are available only for the icons that have a thin orange line in the left.
- Added Romanian translation thanks to Vlad.
- Display totals for accelerometer and magnetic field.
v1.8.3 (Sep 21, 2011) :
- Fixed an FC / freeze that occured on some devices. Thanks for reporting and apologies for the inconvenience.
- Added Portuguese translation thanks to Jorge.
- Added an option to lock orientation of the app.
v1.8.2 (Sep 10, 2011) :
- Added google altitude. If location is obtained by network and altutude is not available, google's API returns altitude of your location based on longitude and latitude.
- Added number of satellites used for the fix.
- Fixed MapView follow mode issue.
- Minor performance and bugfixes.
v1.8.1 (Aug 19, 2011) :
- Samsung Epic users should be able to use AndroSensor again. Thanks for the feedback.. apologies for the inconvenience.
- Added option for rows/columns format of CSV file.
- Mapview has a default "follow" mode when you're moving. Follow mode deactivates if you scroll the map with your finger and reactivates if you click MENU->Location.
- Few display and translation fixes.
- Donate version via Handster is now a key. It removes ads from all versions of AndroSensor starting from v1.8.1 and you still get the updates via the Android Market!
v1.8a (Aug 9, 2011) :
- Added Hungarian translation (thanks to Bela) and German translation (bitte nicht streng sein!).
- Added multitouch test in device info.
- Added the option to record sensor values overtime and export to CSV.
- Added checkbox in Settings to limit the size of the email when sending log, in case it fails otherwise. The log file is now sent as a file attachment instead of plain text.
v1.7.5 (Jul 31, 2011) :
- Added French translation (thanks to Jean-Baptiste)
- Added list option in "Settings" to select which sensors are activated.
- Attempt to retrieve an error for sensors that exist on hardware but are not supported by software (mostly for temperature sensor) instead of always "Waiting for event". This does not always succeed, but can give a good hint.
- Attempt for finally fixing cpu cores bug that still exists in the Atrix and Droidx2. Apologies about that... Hopefully it's the last fix. Please provide some feedback on this. Thanks!
v1.7.4 (Jul 28, 2011) :
- Added pressure sensor (barometer) support. Special thanks to Johnny for his help.
- Wifi section is not totally empty when not connected to a network. No wifi scan is added since it's not like Androsensor. Androsensor only observes, never intervenes :) .
- Yet another fix for cpu cores bug that remained for a few devices.
- New admob SDK.
- A few minor bugfixes. Thank you all for reporting!
v184.108.40.206 (Jul 18, 2011) :
Fixed cpu cores bug. Sorry about that :)
v1.7.3 (Jul 17, 2011) :
- Added Spanish translation (thanks to Mike)
- Fix mobile signal strength on CDMA networks and wifi signal.
- CPU speed is diplayed in real time along with min and max values. Also added number of CPU cores.
- Bigger ads for tablets.
- There where complaints that app didn't close property on certain devices running 2.3.4. So I added an exit option in main screen option menu to kill the app (press MENU).
- Created a simple Androsensor website. The website includes explanations about the sensors.
v1.7.2 (Jun 29, 2011) :
- Added Russian translation (thanks to Andrey)
- Added WiFi info in "Device info" view. (That's why the new permission is required)
- Language defaults in system locale (if default language is supported).
- Snapshot button is also enabled for the "Device Info".
- Fixed a random FC on MapView.
- Little performance tweaking.